Tuesday, June 07, 2005

 

Is he in Heaven?

My third or fourth (it doesn't really matter) cousin who was 33 years young died early Sat. morning, his name is Walter. No results from the autopsy yet, but we suspect a drug overdose.
He grew up in a home that was awful. His parents took drugs and dealed drugs all their life. He probably has used drugs since he was 8 years old. He was married when he was 18 and had 5 girls ages 15 down to 6. He came to a turning point in his life about 4 months ago. My first cousin (Ricky) went by his house at that time and found him in despair and shared the gospel with him. Walter accepted Christ and shared his new faith with his whole family and they all (7) were baptized at our church a week later.
Walter stayed sober from drugs for the next 30 days and passed a drug test to go to work for the company I work for. He worked 3 days and couldn't handle it. He went back home and progressively started back into drugs. He told several lies to Ricky and I to make up excuses for not trying to find a job. His mind was really messed up, I understand why, he has been on some kind of drug since he was 8 years old.
When Walter was "saved" he clearly had the joy of Lord in his heart and was changed, in fact he lead his brother to Christ and his family was baptized a couple of months ago.
My question, is Walter in Heaven? Was his mind so messed up and his body so addicted that he couldn't stand the pain of freedom after being in prison so long? I want to believe this, but I am too close to the situation. I would welcome any comments pro or con, this question is not to start a debate, just to hear others opinions and experiences.

Comments:
John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

We will remember you all in our prayers.
 
Thank you kc, you are a blessing to me my brother.
 
Romans 10:9
that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

God's Grace.
 
Then we're even. ;-)
I lost my younger brother early this year and his testimony was sadly similar. I Thank God I don't have to save my own soul.
 
Corry & Casey,
Thank you for your comments. The funeral was yesterday and it was heartbreaking to see most of the family there who don't understand the hope we have. Our church needs your prayers and appreciate them.

Kris
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives